Superior Technical Support
Maintenance and Support
This section describes Thrupoint’s Technical Support policies, including the following topics:
- The concept of Thrupoint “Lead Contacts” requires that customers use designated employees as the primary source of information between Thrupoint and the customer
- The various types of support options that Thrupoint provides
- The defect entry system for bug tracking and logging support calls
Customer Lead Contacts
Thrupoint Technical Support provides assistance to customers through the use of Lead Contacts. Lead Contacts serve as the internal support person for Thrupoint’s products deployed at a customer site. A customer may designate up to two Lead Contacts.
Lead Contacts must be registered with Thrupoint and will have access to Thrupoint’s Web Defect Tracking and Customer Support Systems, allowing them to monitor known defects and resolution status. The following information is required for each Lead Contact:
- Name, Title and Department
- E-mail address to which any technical support correspondence should be sent
- Work telephone and fax numbers
Thrupoint provides a standard customer support and maintenance program. Customers can choose the level of support that best fits the needs of their applications and business practices.
Thrupoint’s Standard Technical Support is intended for customers with basic service needs that do not exceed normal business hours. Standard Support includes the following:
- Second level technical support. The Lead Contacts are designated as providing first level technical support to the customer’s Thrupoint user community.
- Support hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, excluding designated Thrupoint holidays.
- Customers are entitled to two Lead Contacts, who receive support directly from Thrupoint.
- Thrupoint provides one copy of software updates and upgrades shipped to a designated shipping site or available for download at the customer’s request.
- Minor software release updates (for example, an update from v8.2 to v8.3) are provided for Thrupoint products that are currently licensed and supported.
- Major software upgrades (for example, an upgrade from v8.3 to v9.0) are provided for Thrupoint products that are currently licensed and supported. However, new product introductions & new premium features are not included.
- Software patches are provided for Thrupoint products where there is the potential for a significant business impact.
Thrupoint’s Enhanced Technical Support is intended for customers whose service needs to extend beyond normal business hours. Enhanced Support adds the following features to our Standard Support:
- Support hours are from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM based on the US or Canadian time zone of the customer’s choosing, Monday through Friday, excluding designated Thrupoint holidays.
- An increase in Lead Contacts to a total of four. One of the Lead Contacts must be a company employee. The other lead contacts may be subcontractors, consultants to the customer, a member of the application service provider team, or someone from the customer’s channel partners. The increased number of Lead Contacts provides for greater direct interaction with Technical Support.
- Thrupoint provides one copy of software updates and upgrades shipped to up to two designated shipping sites.
Thrupoint’s Premier Technical Support is intended for customers that have comprehensive service needs, including the requirement for 24-hour by 7-day a week support.
- Premier Support adds the following features to our Standard and Enhanced support programs:
- 24-hour by 7-day a week support for Level 1 production issues that render the system non-operational. For all other support requests, normal business hour coverage applies.
- An increase in Lead Contacts to a total of six.
- One copy of software updates and upgrades shipped to up to three designated shipping sites.
Thrupoint views every customer as unique with different needs that may differ from our standard support offerings. Other options that are available for purchase include:
- Additional Lead Contacts.
- Additional software shipping sites.
- Additional database server, operating system, and desktop platforms.
- Roll-out support options during the implementation. This may include 24 x 7 support in weekly increments during critical phases of a customer’s product implementation.